Located just up the street from The Roseboro is Klinkhart Hall. The Klinkhart building housed Klinkhart Hardware, the Post Office, a tin shop, a garage, and an Opera House.
Posts Tagged: Roseboro History
According to the Sharon Springs Zoning Code, a restaurant and bar are not a permitted use on Main Street and require a Special Use Permit. Even though there has always been a restaurant in the hotel, the Joint Planning Board determined that because there was more than a year gap since the previous restaurant had… Read more »
The name of the Roseboro changed several times over the years. It was The Howland House (1850s), The Rosenberg House (1870s), The Rosenberg Hotel (1896s), (joined 3 building into one in 1900), The Rosenboro Hotel, Hotel Roseboro and finally, The Roseboro. Today, we began to remove the floors in the bathrooms off the lobby (which… Read more »
The Roseboro was featured in the February 2015 edition of the “From The Ground Up” magazine. Click Here to view article
Today, as we started to raise the building in the main lobby area of the hotel, we encountered a problem. (We are gradually raising the building in areas where it has sunk over the years and putting in all new footings.)