The name of the Roseboro changed several times over the years. It was The Howland House (1850s), The Rosenberg House (1870s), The Rosenberg Hotel (1896s), (joined 3 building into one in 1900), The Rosenboro Hotel, Hotel Roseboro and finally, The Roseboro. Today, we began to remove the floors in the bathrooms off the lobby (which… Read more »
Posts Tagged: Howland House
The Roseboro was featured in the February 2015 edition of the “From The Ground Up” magazine. Click Here to view article
For many of you who do not know the history of the Roseboro Hotel – Originally, it was three separate hotels, the 1850’s Howland House, The 1896 Rosenberg Hotel and the 1870’s Rosenberg House. They were joined with connecting additions in 1900 to form the current 45,000 square foot building.
Circa 1926: the paving of Rte 10 Main St. in Sharon Springs – Note the Howland House (in front) has been increased from 2 stories to 4 1/2 and attached to the Rosenberg Hotel. The Rosenberg House has increased from 2 stories to 3 1/2 and attached to the hotel as well.